Friday, December 7, 2012

Conclusion


Organizing an exhibit can be easy if you’re just looking for art pieces, finding the visuals is very easy but the challenge comes with finding artwork with information to back up what is being presented. I had to throw away quite a few ideas because the visuals had no solid evidence to go along with it. The job of curator seems interesting, but I doubt I could deliver a proper informative presentation of art. I would be better at giving my interpretation of the piece rather than giving actual information.
I believe I chose a theme that was relatively easy to connect. What I do find is that artworks from the past before the modern era present the underworld as more grim and evil in appearance. As time progressed they seemed to humanize the demons and made them appear as something that could be walking among all humans today. In a sense, the modern demon could be more terrifying but I enjoy the classic medieval demons.

No comments:

Post a Comment